Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do you know the way to Santa Fe?

Tomorrow morning before the break of dawn, I head off to lovely Santa Fe, NM, for a long weekend. On the Dallas-SF leg of my flight, I have a seat with removable arm rests for the advantage of the disabled or exceedingly large. Cool.

This will be quite the chicksperience, except for Lawrence, the lone holder of the Y chromosome. We will have me, whose XX status is pretty weak anyway, Jackie, Dorothy, Lee, Melva, Ruth, and Lawrence. Tana arrives after I depart.

Jackie is in the throes of chemo and so pretty tired and a little loopy, although she says her pain isn't as bad as it was last week.

I'm not sure how much I'll be doing as far as seeing the sights because Jackie is so tired, but I will be happy to be there with my family and friends. These wonderful people have brought me in as a sister, and I love them all.

So, see you all next week. Kayleigh turns 15 next Wednesday! Her quinceaƱera. Wow. Have some sangria for her, cuz she ain't gettin' any here.

3 comments:

MJ Krech said...

Hope you're having fun! I just noticed you already changed your BIO! How fun is that!

jan said...

Lovely pictures. Don't understand a word you wrote.

Amy said...

Marcia, it was a good trip. Glad I went.

Jan, my family ran that Spanish through Google Translate, and it did a pretty good job. The Dashboard translator was a lot funnier, though. Since I haven't spoken Spanish in about 21 years, I can't guarantee that it's flawless.