Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Suffering from CRS

Oh, balls.

I just remembered that the painter is coming tomorrow. That little detail is just one of probably several dozen that I can't keep in my head.

We got a bill today for the brake job on our van. We weren't able to pick it up while the repair shop was open on Friday, so they left the key and a bill in the van, and we were supposed to pay Monday. We forgot.

I forgot to mail a letter to one of Kayleigh's friends. She wrote it three weeks ago now. I forgot to fill out a form at Kayleigh's registration, and now I keep forgetting to stop by the school and do it.

There's probably more. But it's all forgotten for now.

The painter is coming because of the roofers. On their first day, they got as far as tearing off the old shingles and laying paper down. Then they left for the weekend. Except it rained all Saturday. Sunday morning, we had leaks in the kitchen. There was water dripping off the light fixture and there were spots above the stove and sink. Then they got bigger. Then they turned brown. Eew.

We tried to see where the water was coming in, but we couldn't tell. After the rain stopped and the skies weren't so black, we could see that the paper had pulled back in rather a large area.

So the roofer said he'd send a painter to fix it. Tomorrow is the day. And, as luck would have it, since our kitchen ceiling hasn't been painted in so long, he has to paint the whole thing because he can't match the colors. Heh, heh, heh.

Guess I better clean the kitchen tonight. Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so.....then what happened?
your serial narratives have a long time between installments.

Amy said...

So then he painted it. I wasn't there. I was at work, getting the paper out the door.