Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crazy 8s

Laurie has tagged me with the Crazy 8s meme. So here you go.

8 things I’m passionate about

1. Eric. He is the nicest person I’ve ever known.
2. Kayleigh. She has a depth that attracts and frightens.
3. Kelsey. Her joy and enthusiasm are uniquely inspiring.
4. Whatever project I’m working on. Until I get sick of it.
5. Doing things well. It’s OK to call me anal and picky. (Are you laughing?)
6. Fall in Wisconsin. Leaves, apples, crisp air, family fun days.
7. Going places. Not fussy.
8. Art fairs. Starving artists make the coolest stuff.

8 things I want to do before I die

1. Publish a book, play and/or screenplay
2. Visit every continent
3. Visit every state in the U.S.
4. Know my grandchildren
5. Build washboard abs
6. Sleep under the stars. No tent.
7. Swim with a whale
8. Stop eating so damn much

8 things I say often

1. [expletive of choice]
2. Kayleigh, turn the basement light off.
3. Kayleigh, turn your bedroom light off.
4. Kelsey, close the back door.
5. Kelsey, close the front door.
6. Cool
7. Um
8. Sorry

8 books I’ve read recently or am still reading


1. Three Dollars, by Elliot Perlman
2. Round Ireland in Low Gear, by Eric Newby
3. Ten Little Indians, by Sherman Alexie
4. Hungry Planet, by Peter Menzel and Faith D’Aluisio
5. Fat Land, by Greg Crister
6. The Handmaid and the Carpenter, by Elizabeth Berg
7. Working with Words, by Brian S. Brooks, James L. Pinson and Jean Gaddy Wilson
8. We Are All Welcome Here, by Elizabeth Berg

8 songs I could listen to over and over and do
8? Are you kidding? How about 88? OK, my cheeky 8, and if I were feeling really cheeky, it would be along the lines of 69 instead of 6 feet under, so count yourselves lucky.

1. Better Off Dead, by Elton John
2. Dust in the Wind, by Kansas
3. Who Wants to Live Forever, by Queen
4. In Too Deep, by Genesis
5. Intensive Care, by Bondi Cigars
6. I Scare Myself, by Renee Geyer
7. Don’t Wanna Be A Nutcase, by Vika and Linda
8. The Cliffs of Insanity, by Mark Knopfler

8 things that attract me to my best friends

1. They put up with me.
2. They are funnier than I am.
3. They are smarter than I am.
4. They are nicer than I am.
5. They are more positive than I am.
6. They have more energy than I do.
7. They tell me to get off my dead ass.
8. They inspire me to be more like they are.

8 people I think should do Crazy 8s
I don't think I have eight regular readers whose links I know who haven't already been tagged.

1. Sarah
2. Christian (yes, this is girly, so let’s get a man’s perspective)
3. Kath
4. Swearing Mother
5. Crystal

8 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

great list, although it's hard to imagine that your friends could be nicer/smarter than you. but if that's what you need to believe to get off your dead ass, well...

Anonymous said...

Excellent answers. Good to know a little more about you!

Thanks for the nomination! It's in the bag and will be posted in the next few days.

Crystal xx

laurie said...

yeah, what RC said! damn twin.

did you like Newby? "slowly down the ganges" is good, too.

christian said...

Wisconsin falls and swimming with whales were my favorite. I promise not to steal those on my lists. Thanks for picking me to represent the XY's everywhere! So much pressure!

Amy said...

RC, you're funny. Glad you're back.

Crystal, I'm looking forward to seeing your Crazy 8s.

Laurie, yeah, I liked Newby. I thought it got better as I read.

Christian, represent! I'm sure you'll have a lot of interesting things to say.

Swearing Mother said...

Hi Amy, thought I'd left a message here to thank you for tagging me the Crazy 8's, but it hasn't appeared so it's likely I've pressed the wrong button (again!).

Your list was great, very interesting answers!

travelling, but not in love said...

just so you know, I'm totally blaming you for getting me to do the crazy eights.

Actually it was Swearing Mother who tagged me, but she always says nice things about me and if you hadn't got her to do it, she wouldn't have got me to do it....

hmmph. I feel much better now.

...and I like your lists, by the way.

Amy said...

Swearing Mother, cool answers. You're always so funny.

Travelling, I'm glad you visited! And I can handle the blame. I loved your answers.